Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding reference-based and model-based lines, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In the Conceptual Massing Environment, forms can be created from either model…lines or reference lines.…The final 3D shape is indistinguishable in either case.…But the features of the resulting forms and the ways in which they can be…manipulated vary in several significant ways.…When a form is created using model lines, we simply call it a model-based form,…and when it's created using reference lines it's referred to as a…reference-based form.…In this movie, we will look at how to create each type of form and explore the…differences and similarities.…So I've a file here called Model Reference, and there are several existing model…and reference lines already here on screen.…
On the top left portion of the screen, these black lines here, those are the…model lines and these purple ones down here in the lower right, those are…the reference lines.…So why don't we start with how they each got there.…When you look over here on your Ribbon, either the Home Ribbon or the Modify…Ribbon, you can see that in the Draw panel, you get exactly the same features.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.