Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding lofting techniques, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie, we are going to look at a slightly more advanced way to create a lofted form.…So I want to create a freeform large, massive wall that will occupy the Graffiti…Gallery of my museum.…Using techniques from the last several movies, I can incorporate them all together…into a process here that gives me of very fluid and easy-to-modify loft form.…So we are going to start off by looking at what I've got here onscreen, which…is a file called Adaptive Loft, and it contains, among other things, a few…reference planes here just to kind of help me keep my bearings, a reference back…to this insertion point which is where it fits in the main museum, and we are…actually looking around the back side of the museum, so this would be in the Graffiti Gallery.…
So we have two reference points here, and these reference points I am using…primarily as work planes.…If you look at them, you'll notice the work planes are displaying.…So if I select one of these, you will see that over here on the Properties…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.