Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding host sweeps and reveals, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Sweeps and reveals offer way to modify the volume of your walls using an element…that extrudes along its length.…Sweeps add material to the wall and reveals cut away from the material of the wall.…In the previous movie, we looked at sweeps and reveals applied directly to the wall type.…In this movie, we are going to look at host sweeps and host reveals which you…place on the walls, wall by wall.…So you can choose which walls get them, and they don't apply across the entire type.…Both are similar. They both use profile families to determine the shape of…either the sweep or the reveal.…I am going to start there, by talking about where the profiles are in the project…and what we can do to load additional ones if we don't have the one we need.…
I am in a file called SAMOCA_V4, and I am going to zoom in here on this townhouse…with turret here at the corner.…Over here on the Project Browser, if we scroll down to the Families branch, right…here, and little further down to the Profile category, you can take a quick…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.