Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding families, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
The subject of creating Revit family content could take an entire training series in itself. …However, a Revit Essentials class would not be complete without at least some coverage of the topic. …So with this in mind, we're going to use this chapter to go through the process of building …our own custom Revit model family. …There are a few key steps that you want to keep in mind when you're building your own families, …so let's kind of walk through the process. …First, you want to plan. Plan carefully. …You need to know what you want your family to do. Don't just dive in without a plan. …Think about it, maybe take some notes, do a little sketching, but know what you want …your family to do: what behaviors you want it to have, and how you want it to act in the project.…
Number two, use a good template file. …There are several template files that ship with the product, and each one has certain …behaviors that are built in. …Those behaviors get imparted to your family when you choose the template, …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.