Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the different versions of Revit, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
I'd like to take a few minutes to talk about the different flavors of Revit…that are available.…With the 2013 release we have Building Design Suites and we also have the…stand-alone Revit products.…So I'm looking at a screen here from the Autodesk web site, and this is just…a comparison matrix that shows the now four flavors of Revit that are available.…In this course we are focusing on the architectural features, so if you have…either Revit Architecture or if you have what they are just calling Revit,…you have all of the features that we're going to be talking about here in the course.…
So if you have one of the Building Design Suites, you have the Revit product and…you can actually turn on and off the features that give you all of the features…for Revit Architecture.…However, if you also have stand- alone Revit Architecture, you'll get the…same basic experience.…One or two of the screens might look slightly different but for the most part…you have exactly the same thing.…Now if you happened to be in MEP or Structure, you can certainly watch the…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.