Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Type lookup files, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- [Voice over] Okay, this one's pretty cool.…The thing is, when we make a family with tons of…different types, it can fill up our type selector with…dozens of family types we'll never need.…Wouldn't it be nice if we could just choose…the only type we want.…This video will have us exporting family types.…Then we're going to insert the family into a project…like we would normally do and then we can choose…the types we want by choosing from a dialogue.…It's the same dialogue we get when we load beams…and angles and things like that.…So to get started, I want to start with my bolt family.…
If you don't have your bolt family right here,…let's just go to open.…Let's browse to where we're keeping our files.…I'm going to find bolt and I'm going to click open.…Now what I'd like to do is go to my family types.…We're going to make some family types.…I'll set my rod size to 1/4 of an inch.…Getting pretty small.…So I'm going to add a new family type…and I'm going to call it 1/4.…
I'm going to hit OK.…I'm going to add a new family type.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.