The necessity of training cannot be overlooked when developing a plan and this video reviews strategies for providing access to training for staff.
- [Instructor] One of the most effective ways … to maintain all of this work … is to aim to support your teams from the ground up. … Empower your younger employees … to be a part of the process … and provide them the training … they need to make good decisions. … If you notice, there are tons of things … that a well-intentioned intern could do … that are not on the critical path. … Scope creep continues to exist … and will never fade, … as architectural designs tend to always … take on more than was initially discussed. … One challenge with BIM is that … scope creep now comes from internal forces, … as well as external forces. … Interns with the best of intention … can accidentally model aspects of a design … that do not have any bearing … on the critical path of a project. … It is very easy to do, … given that most interns are not capable … to see the broader picture, … either due to experience level … or access to project information. … This can be mitigated … by utilizing interns correctly …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.