Basic exterior context can make a big difference in VR as an effective visualization tool. Learn about topography and Model In-Place site components for setting up quick site context.
- [Instructor] Now that we can walk through…our projects in virtual reality,…it becomes even more useful to have the surrounding context…modeled in our project.…Let's get started with this…by adding in some surrounding context buildings.…We want to do this in the site file,…so make sure you close out of the architecture file…and open up the site file…so that Revit doesn't unload the link.…Now let's go to architecture,…and in the arrow under Component…we'll create a Model In Place component.…
This differs from the components we were creating earlier,…because while we're making it,…we can actually see the context around us.…But in general, these are one-off components,…not something that we repeat throughout the project.…We'll build this in the category Site.…Call it Context Buildings.…And then we can start to model the extrusions.…
With Model In Place components,…we don't have to do as much with reference planes…and parameters because it's much easier…to just go in and make the modifications…right here in the editor.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.