Determine how teams will collaborate.
- [Instructor] One use of BIM is team collaboration.…That includes sharing the model.…Will the model be stored on a local network…or on the Cloud where others will have access to it?…We also need to consider how often…will that model be shared?…Is it always being updated…so that everyone always has access…to the latest and greatest changes…or will it only be shared to the group on specific dates…or when project milestones are achieved?…These are important considerations so that everyone knows…when they'll get their copy of the model…to be able to do their modeling task.…
We also need to consider file types.…Will this project be shared as a DWG or a drawing file?…Will it be Revit files, PDFs, DXF files?…These are all different file types…with very different properties associated with them.…It's important to know what files to expect…so that proper collaboration can take place.…We also need to consider…which software programs will be used.…
Will it be AutoCAD, Revit, ARCHICAD,…Navisworks, Tekla?…There could be a wide variety of different programs…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.