Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging a plan, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do now is tag this planup.…I wanna go to electrical project 2-13.…First thing I wanna do is I wanna go…down to my power level one floor plan.…Now certain companies tag things differently.…My companies shows this spaghetti.…So essentially, we can tag the home run…which shows us the circuit number…and the panel that it's going to.…Some companies will tag the receptacles themselves.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna tag the home run.…So I'm gonna click right here on…this button called tag by category.…
What I'm gonna do now is I'm gonna…come down to home run.…I'm gonna keep me leader checked.…Instead of attached end I'm gonna click…the drop-down and I'm gonna select free end.…So now I can select my homerun.…I can pick a point like right here.…I can pick a point like right about here.…I'm gonna tag that. I can select my tag.…I can move it out of the way if I want.…Great, it knows it's circuit one but…it has no clue what the panel is.…
So I'm gonna edit this tag.…I'm gonna select my tag.…I'm gonna click edit family.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin19h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.