Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging pipes, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Let's tag some pipe.…What I'd like to do is jump into our Plumbing Project- 10.…In the Project Brower, I'm gonna scroll down…'til I find Enlarged Mechanical Room.…First thing I want to do is on my Quick Access toolbar,…I'm gonna click on my Tab by Category button,…and we might as well tackle pipe first.…So I'm gonna hover over my pipe.…I'm gonna put my tag right in it.…I'm gonna hit Escape a couple times.…Now that's a big tag.…Couple things I want to do.…
First let's mess with the settings.…So, I want to go to my Systems tab…and on my Plumbing and Piping panel…I have my Mechanical Settings button right here.…I'm gonna click it.…Now the first thing I want to do is…I want to get rid of my Pipe Size Suffix.…I've never seen a square pipe…so I can get rid of the diameter sign.…I'm gonna click OK.…I'm gonna select my 50 millimeter pipe.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna click on Edit Famiy.…I'm gonna click where it says Size.…
I'm gonna click on Edit Label.…Everything looks good here, so I'm gonna hit OK.…I'm gonna go to Edit Type.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin18h 33m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.