Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging lintels in the model, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Lintels don't always come with some sort of tag.…In plan we need to label them.…We need a special tag for that.…The objective of this video has two purposes.…One is to prove that we can go into a family…and make adjustments without breaking it.…The second is I want to modify that family…and create a tag.…We're going to draw a little line in.…That symbolic line is going to be present…in our floor plans.…We're going to start a new project Draw Wall,…put in our Lintel family, and tag it.…So to get started, let's open up that…Lintel Family we've been working on.…
We can either click it from this dialog here,…or go Open and Browse to where…you're keeping your exercise files.…Now the first thing I'd like to do…is go to our Interior Elevation…and add some reference planes.…The thing is, we don't have any bearing here at all.…This will just fall into the doorway.…We need some parameters that specify…what the bearing is, then we'll edit our sweep…and our extrusion to go out six inches on both sides.…
I'm going to right click on this reference plane…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.