Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Tagging a duct, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] I wanna tag this puppy up.…So what I wanna do is open up my Mechanical Project - 08…and I wanna go down to my Ceiling Plan, Level 1.…And here's the problem:…we've been looking at this all wrong.…We need the ceiling plan so we know how high our ceiling is…and we need to know where to put our diffusers…and we need to know where…we're gonna put maybe some of our equipment…so we're not over a hard ceiling.…But everything's backwards.…Generally I don't drag…a reflected ceiling plan onto a sheet.…
I drag the actual floor plan.…So if we screw up the HVAC floor plans,…let's double-click on Level 1.…Notice our hidden-line configuration is gonna change…the way it should, 'cause we're kinda looking down on it.…This duct's at a higher elevation than this duct.…What I wanna do though, is I wanna create a callout…of this whole area, so I'm gonna go to my View tab.…I'm gonna click Callout.…Now I'm gonna pick a window around this whole area...…
right to about here.…I'm gonna hit Esc a couple times.…Now I'm gonna double-click on my Callout bubble.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin12h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.