Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Strategizing with adaptive components, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
To finish out this chapter, I'd like to share with you one more use of…adaptive components.…At this point, if you've used both the traditional Family Editor and the Massing…Family Editor, you've have no doubt developed your own personal preference.…Let's assume that you like the massing environment for its freeform direct…3D manipulation and you wanted to use that sort of modeling when building components.…It turns out that with adaptive components, even though they are technically…designed to be adaptive, to actually adjust to the conditions they are placed in,…there's really nothing that says that you can't use an adaptive component…family, change its category, and just build geometry, and that's exactly what we…are going to look at here in this example.…
So I have open a file called Entrance Canopy, and this is going to adorn the…front entrance to our museum.…So I have already done most of the modeling because a lot of the techniques that…were used to create this portion of the canopy we've already covered.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.