Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Stitching borders, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In the previous movies, we explored a few examples of building custom curtain…panels to apply to our patterned surfaces.…In these cases the pattern applied nicely along the field of the surface but…had some difficulty at the edges.…In this movie, we will begin looking at the process of how to deal with the edge…conditions in your curtain panel families.…So I have here a file called Stitch Edges, and it is a complete version of the…main hub of the museum, and it incorporates the Graffiti Gallery on the backside,…with its curved wall and space frame.…
Now I'm going to use my View cube here and click the back corner to spin…around to the opposite side, because I think it'd be good to start with a…fairly regular wall.…Then I want to actually zoom in closely on this corner right here to talk about the…problem. Wherever there's a full panel, we are getting a clean ending, but…wherever we have a partial panel, you can kind of see that it's sort of overlapping…a little bit past the corner, and it doesn't look quite so good.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.