Determine the major project milestones.
- [Instructor] While project milestones…may change during the course of a project,…it's important to set the project or design milestones…within the BIM execution plan.…A milestone could be a level of development…such as design development…and construction documentation…or conceptual design and preliminary design…or a milestone could be completion…of fourth floor coordination…but the milestones need to be understood,…agreed upon and set.…This allows for each of the project teams…to set their production schedules…to meet the overall project schedule.…
If these dates need to change, they can…but that too would then need to be agreed upon…by all parties and then set and revised…within the BIM execution plan.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.