Understand how file names can and should be standardized.
- [Instructor] The file naming structure…of a submitted model is important,…as the project team members need to be able…to identify the proper model that they need to access…in a very short period of time.…So under section nine, I have file naming structure…and then the way that we need to go about…naming all of the submitted files.…For the file name, I start off with the trade designation,…such as AR for architectural or PL for plumbing.…Then we go into the level or area of the building.…
Are we working on the first floor of the building,…the second floor of the building;…or are we working on the east wing of the building…or the west wing of the building?…This is our opportunity to specify that information.…For the year, that's not the year…of the software being used, but the actual year…that this model was created in;…and the week, that's the week of the year.…If you want to know what week of the year it is,…you can either mark it on a calendar;…or a website that we use internally is whatweekisit.com,…which will tell you what week it currently is.…
- Understanding the need for a BIM Execution Plan (BEP)
- Documenting the basic project information
- Specifying project milestones
- Identifying BIM goals and uses
- Determining how BIM will be used in design documentation
- Designing the BIM execution process
- Defining the LOD in the BIM Execution Plan
- Determining the information that needs to be in the model
- Collaboration procedures
- Defining the software to be used
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the BIM Execution Plan
2. Identify BIM Goals and Uses
3. Designing the BIM Execution Process
What is LOD?3m 28s
4. Collaboration Procedures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.