Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Slab edge families, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- Sometimes we need to use a metal pour stop…to screed the edges of our concrete slabs too.…This video will have us doing just that.…We will model a simple profile and sweep away.…So, let's go to Family, New.…I want to scroll down until I find Profile-Hosted.…Let's select Open.…I'm going to make some reference planes.…I'm going to right-click on this reference plane…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to click on my Pick Lines button…and I'm going to offset 6".…
Let's offset it down 6" as well.…I'm going to click on my Align Dimension button,…and I'm going to pick this point here,…to this point here, and then I'm going to click off of it.…I'm going to do the same down here.…This 6", I'm going to click my Label,…I'm going to Add Parameter,…and I'm going to call it Depth.…I'm going to keep this as a Type parameter…and I'm going to click OK.…I'm going to select this dimension,…I'm going to click into the Label drop down,…I'm going to Add Parameter,…and I'm going to call it Height.…
I'll keep it as a Type parameter.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.