Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Sizing a duct, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video…is take a look at how Revit can automatically…size duct work, based on a system.…There's a couple steps we need to do, though.…Now, what we need to do is we need to…slice the duct work in a couple spots…where we want to tell Revit to size it.…So we're going to resize it,…but Revit won't really know where to go with it.…It just knows the sizes we want…based on the flow that's coming off our diffusers.…Notice that each diffuser has a flow assigned to it.…We can change that flow to whatever we want.…
Revit won't recalculate the flow.…It's our determination as to what the flow is…that's coming out of each diffuser.…Because these flows are pre-defined,…we're just going to accept these flows for the calculations.…I'm going to hit Esc a couple times.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to type sl for split,…and we need to split our duct in certain spots.…Also, if you go to the Modify tab,…you'll find the Split command right here…on the Modify panel.…So either way, if you're an icon person…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin13h 7m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.