Time to size it up! This video illustrates how to split up ductwork to be sized. We will show how to size based on Velocity at 1000 FPM, but we can also size based on Friction, Equal Friction or Static Regain. Keep in mind, before you do this you need to have all of your duct ends capped off so air isn't just gushing out. If so your sizing will fail miserably.
- Now that we've got a bunch of ducts modeled in place,…let's go ahead and see how Revit will calculate the sizing…based on the CFM and the airflow.…Under projects, let's go open.…Then I'm gonna go up to sizing,…and I'm gonna click, "open."…What I'd like to do is go to one mech floor plan.…I'm gonna zoom in to here.…Now I know I'm capped off,…that way we don't have any air spilling…out of the back of it.…But what I'd like to do is, kind of,…dictate where we're gonna size these down.…
So I'm gonna turn my thin lines off.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna type S L for "split."…I'm gonna split this duct right here.…I wanna size it down from here to here.…Maybe I'll split this return right here.…Maybe I'll split this one here.…Now it may not size 'em at all of these points,…but these are the points where…I'm guessing it might size it.…I'm gonna split this one here as well.…Now I'm gonna hit escape a few times.…Now what I'm gonna do is hover over this piece of duct,…hit tab, tab, tab to grab the whole system.…
Now I'm gonna select it,…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.