Architectural VR needs spaces to be populated in order to communicate right. Learn about simple component families in Revit in just a few minutes so that your architecture model can be understood, even in early SD phases.
- [Narrator] Now that we have our VR super powers…of being able to occupy our designs before they're built,…we can understand very early…the feel of the space that we're working in.…Understand the scale and proportions.…But we won't be able to understand that feel quite as well,…if our spaces are just big empty boxes.…Architects are accustomed…to putting these placeholder elements in…during the early design process.…In this case, I've used countertops…to denote the different areas.…Some architects use filled regions, or masking regions.…
Let's look at this space in Enscape…to see how effective these placeholders are.…Alright, here we are in the space.…As you can see, since we at least used…three dimensional elements at all,…we can see the layout,…but we still can't quite feel the space.…In the following videos, I'm going to show you…how to make three dimensional,…more volumetric placeholder families,…that can fill up this space much more effectively,…while still being very quick and easy to make,…and fit into your standard design process.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.