Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an in-place reception desk, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Ok, what I'd like to do in this video…is create an In-Place Family.…It's going to be a reception desk…and it's going to actually be a sweep.…What we're looking at here is…I'm in my In-Place Components model that I had created…and we're looking at a soffit above.…I've got my view range set high so we can see it.…We're going to use this to trace the footprint.…Ok, first thing I want to do though…is I'm going to put a couple sections in here.…So I'm going to click on my Section button…and I'm going to put one right about here.…
I'm going to pull this in a little bit.…Maybe I'll pull it out to about there.…And I think I want to put another one underneath it…so I'm going to put a section here.…I'm going to grab this and I'm going to pull it in.…Cool, now I'm going to create my sweep.…So make sure you're in Level 1 Floor Plan.…On the Architecture tab, click the Component drop-down…and let's go Model in Place.…I'm going to select Casework and I'm going to click OK.…For the name, I'll call it Reception Desk…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.