Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a stair type, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Throughout this course we've considered many ways to explore a building…design using both massing forms and basic model components like walls, floors, and roofs.…Our museum building has certainly come a long way from the beginning of the course.…In this chapter, we'll look at a few miscellaneous items to round out the design.…In this movie, we're going to start a three- part series on the grand stair in the main lobby.…There are no stair-modeling tools in the conceptual massing environment,…so we're going to take a look at what our end goal is here.…And this is what we will have at the completion of the three movies. And it is…one large grand stair here with a triangular taper on both ends that goes up to…the second floor, and then at the landing, it tapers off into this second flight…of stairs running off in this direction here.…
In the first movie here, we're going to actually just build the stair type.…If you look at this stair, it's got open risers, it's got stringers that are…inset from the edges, a stringer down the middle. The risers are actually…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.