Learn how to find and set the correct placement rotation for the signage family.
- [Instructor] Let's start by opening…the set rotation start dyn, and make…sure to open in manual execution mode.…In the select model element mode,…click change, and in the Revit project, make…sure to select the outside outside boundaries room.…Tab to select the room, and then click run inside of Dynamo.…In this Dynamo strip, we have a Dynamo…place for signage family at the center point…of each door and set a door width and a wall…width parameter for each side.…
Now we're going to set the rotation of the side…based on the wall around the room.…We'll do this by looking at the clock…rotation of the line around the Z axis of the room.…We'll find what the actual value…of the angle between the Y and our line is,…and we'll use that to set the…rotation of our signage family.…Inside of Dynamo, search for the vector about axis node.…The vector about axis node allows us…to take a vector, which is a direction,…and look at it comparing around another…vector as it rotates around a specified vector.…
I'm going to search for the vector Z axis.…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.