Learn how to set signage text, width, and host wall-depth parameters using Dynamo.
- Let's open the SetSignParameters_Start.dyn.…Make sure to open in Manual Execution Mode.…From the Select Model Elements node, click change.…Make sure to select the Outside Boundaries room.…Tab to select the room, click and make sure that…the Element ID shows up inside of…the Select Model Elements node.…Go ahead and click run.…We're going to let Dynamo place the signage family…at each of the doors around the room.…
Now some of the doors around the room vary in width.…Most are 3 feet wide, but some of the doors,…such as this one, are 42 inches.…You'll also notice that some of the signs…are landing inside of the wall.…We're going to set the door width and the wall width parameters…to match the host wall, as well as the host door's width.…Inside of Dynamo, we've got our list of doors.…Each of these doors is a family instance.…
I'm going to find the type so I can find the width…parameter of this type of door.…I'm going to right-click on the canvas…and search for element type.…Make sure to read the descriptions 'cause…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.