Learn how to identify and set the rotation of a corner guard family at each placement location.
- [Instructor] From Dynamo, let's open the…Rotations_Start.dyn.…Click Change in the Select Model Elements node.…Make sure to tab + select the corridor…inside of your Revit project.…If you click Run, you'll see that Dynamo's placed…corner guards at all of the outside corners…inside of the room.…We're gonna set the rotation of all the corner guards…to correctly land on the outside edge of our walls.…
Inside of Dynamo, we've compared the angles…of each of the lines as they walk around the room.…I'm gonna look at where that corner sits in relation…to the overall clock rotation around the room.…Select the Vector Angle about Axis node.…Holding control on the keyboard, click and drag…to copy the node.…Take the input that's going into the other vector…and wire that into the vector input…on the vector Angle About Axis node.…This is gonna take the vector of the overall line.…
We're gonna compare that to the Y angle…around the room as it rotates around the Z axis.…Search for the vector Y axis.…And wire the vector output from the Y axis node…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.