Learn how to use room parameters to select a family type.
- [Instructor] I try to make my work spaces use…as much information from the model as I can.…Dynamo can read the room parameters…and use them in a lot of different ways.…I'm gonna take the wall protection placement script…a little further by having it read…a text-based parameter for rooms that I can type…multiple wall protection designations into.…Then I'll use Dynamo to parse the information…and use it to place a family along the walls in a room.…From the manage tab, let's start by creating…the parameter under the project parameters.…In the project parameter menu click add…and let's name this parameter wall protection.…
I'm gonna make this a text-based parameter…and I'm gonna store it under materials and finishes…'cause that's where I have…interior designers work most frequently.…For the category select rooms…and then click okay.…And click okay again to add the parameter to our project.…Now let's open Dynamo, and open the RoomParameter_start.dyn.…Make sure to open in manual execution mode.…And start by using the select model element node…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.