Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting a wall, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
Sometimes you can design a unique look to wall simply by adding wall- or face-…hosted families to it.…In this movie we will move inside the museum project, where we will build a large…feature wall in the main lobby.…The wall is a simple, basic wall, but with the use of a custom-built void family,…we can make it a focal point in the space.…To help you visualize what we are after here, I have got the final version of…the lobby wall open onscreen right now, but this is ultimately what we want to create.…It looks a lot more complicated than it is.…So let's switch back over to SAMOCA_V4 and get started.…
Let me go on the floor plans to the Main Level, and I'll zoom in a little bit.…And what I have provided here to get it started is just a basic wall, and there is…this one opening penetrating through it.…Now the easiest way to see that is to open up this section here, so I am going…to double-click that section head to open that up. Here is the basic wall, and…here is the opening cut through it.…The final thing that I have added is, in the later chapter we are going to be…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.