Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Rotating and aligning a Revit link, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this movie, we're going to take a look at the Align and Rotate commands.…These are two really useful and powerful modification commands that allow us…to reposition objects based on rotations or their relationships to other nearby geometry.…So I'm in a file called Align Rotate and down here in the lower corner, I have a…small office building, and up here this odd shape is actually a Site Plan file…that's linked in to the project file here.…Now we're in the Level 1 Floor Plan and we can get a much better look if we…change to the Site Plan view, so I'm going to double-click Site Plan and now it…becomes a little bit more evident what I'm actually looking at.…
Here is my linked site file, it's got some roads and sidewalks, it's got a…parking lot and a property line.…And if you look right here at the end of this sidewalk, there's like a little…green dot right there, and I'm going zoom in on that, and that little green dot is…actually a small green line, that's where the front door is of the building.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.