Learn how to work with rooms with multiple boundaries.
- [Instructor] When Dynamo views a room…with multiple boundaries, it creates a list…of lines for each closed loop.…If you're trying to offset the boundaries into a room,…the inside boundaries and the outside boundaries…need to be dealt with in opposite directions.…Let's take a look at how Dynamo views rooms…with multiple boundaries in them.…Open Dynamo from the Manage tab,…and click Open, and open the MultipleBoundaries_Start.dyn.…Here if we zoom in on the room finished boundary node,…and look at the output lists, you'll see…I have two lists of lines.…
Inside of Revit in the architecture tab,…I'm gonna click on the wall tool,…and use the rectangular draw method to draw a rectangle…inside of the top room.…In the bottom room I'm gonna draw two rectangles.…Now if I go back to Dynamo and look at…the room finished boundaries,…I now have several lists of lists for all the rooms.…At list level three, is the list of lines…associated with my second room.…I'd look at list one, it's a list of lines associated…with the top room.…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.