Learn how to find the openings surrounding a room for locations to place signage.
- [Instructor] I'm going to use Dynamo to place our…signage family at each door, we'll use Dynamo to find…the boundaries of the rooms and find the doors…that intersect with each one of those boundaries.…Let's open Dynamo from the Manage tab.…And click New to start a new workspace.…I'm going to right click on the canvas and look…for the select model element node.…With the select model element node, I'm going to select…the room inside of my Revit project called…Outside Boundaries.…
Click Select on the node and pick the room inside of Revit.…Now I'm going to use the Process Room Boundaries node…that we created earlier in this course and wire the element…output from Select Model Element to the room's input…of Process Room Boundaries.…And to find the intersecting doors, the room boundary…doesn't necessarily intersect with the geometry…of each door.…I'm going to offset the line of the room boundary…into the wall to make sure that it intersects…with the door geometry.…
I'm going to use the PolyCurve offset node to do this.…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.