The Revit appearance asset library is weird and confusing, but very important to understand if you are managing custom materials. Learn about how Revit stores and processes its asset library.
- [Instructor] Before we start modifying…or creating new Revit materials,…we need to understand how Revit…is handling and storing its appearance assets.…We'll move our material browser here to the left,…and then open up the asset browser.…Let's give us a little more room here so we can read.…The asset browser gives us access…to all of the different assets…that come standard with Revit, and any…that we've added to libraries,…whether or not those assets are loaded into our project.…
The ones we're interested in, here,…we'll be the appearance library,…and like many things in Revit,…they're separated into categories.…Any of these assets that you're using in your project,…you'll find, here, in document assets.…In fact, any time you load one of these library assets…into your project, it actually makes a copy…of that asset and brings it into your document,…and then you can find that copy, here, in document assets.…So, once you've loaded those in,…you can make whatever changes you want,…and it won't be modifying the original Autodesk library.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.