Since we have done everything correctly, we are set up to know when the architect moves something we have a monitor on. Here's what happens. When we open a model that has monitoring set up, and the architect alters a monitored item, we will get a coordination alert. Most people ignore this. Don't be that person. Select the link, and click the coordination button. Revit will tell you what happened and even allow you to modify the element to match the architect.
- [Voiceover] When we have an architectural model…linked in, and we have monitored their levels,…what's going to happen is, when the architect eventually…moves a level, we're gonna get a Coordination Alert…the next time we either open our model, or reload…the architectural model.…So what I'd like to do is actually jump into…the architectural model, so under Projects…I'm gonna click Open.…In Chapter One I wanna click on Architectural, now…I wanna click on Open.…I wanna go to the south elevation, so in the project…browser let's scroll down to Elevations, there's a lot…of them, let's go to South.…
Now I'm gonna come over here to Level Two.…18 feet's too high, so the architect thinks.…Instead of 18 feet, I'm gonna go 16 feet, I'm gonna hit…Enter, we're probably gonna blow something up…here but that's okay.…Oh yeah, the stairs didn't like that, that's alright.…Close out of the warning, hit Escape a few times,…and save the model.…Close Hidden Views, and then close out.…Now I wanna go to Open, I wanna go to our Visibility…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.