Since we have done everything correctly, we are set up to know when the architect moves something we have a monitor on. Here's what happens. When we open a model that has monitoring set up, and the architect alters a monitored item, we will get a coordination alert. Most people ignore this. Don't be that person. Select the link, and click the coordination button. Revit will tell you what happened and even allow you to modify the element to match the architect.
- [Instructor] What I'd like to do in this video,…is monitor some levels,…like we've done before,…but, in this video,…I wanna look at what happens when the architect…actually edits one of their levels…and forces a coordination review.…So, under Projects,…let's click on Open.…Let's go to our file-shared MEP-Certification file.…I'm gonna click Open.…We're gonna overwrite the existing file…that's on our C drive.…That's simply a local model,…and it can be discarded.…
Let's go to our self elevation…by double-clicking on our elevation marker right here.…I'm gonna select Level 2.…I'm gonna drag it out.…Notice that our structural model's in here.…Let's turn off our levels in our structural model.…So let's type v + g.…Let's go to Revit Links.…For structural, let's click where it says By Host View.…Let's go to Custom.…
Now for Annotation Categories,…let's go Custom, let's find Levels,…let's turn 'em off.…Click Apply.…Click OK.…Click OK.…I love doing that.…I just wanna deal with Level 2.…We don't need to copy monitor all of 'em,…we've done it three times already.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.