A very important basic concept to understand in Revit is the way that…precision is approached.…In Revit what you typically do is you place objects in a general location and…then you refine the placement of those objects over time.…So I call this sketch and then modify.…So in this movie we are going to talk about temporary dimensions and temporary…dimensions is a process that we use to take our roughly-placed objects and…modify their positions to a more precise location.…So what I have here on screen is a file called Temporary Dims and this is just a…copy of the completed grid layout from the previous movie.…
The grids here have been placed in rough locations, but I want to start…controlling these grids in a very precise way.…I want the measurement of the grid lines to the face of the walls to be…controlled very precisely for example.…And I can do that in a variety of ways in Revit and the first way that I want to…share with you is using temporary dimensions.…So I am going to start by selecting grid line A. What you'll see is on screen…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.