Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Refining face-based walls, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie, we'll continue refining our Building Maker components.…We looked at floors in the last movie, and in this movie, we're going to look at our walls.…Now, we have a few different conditions of walls that are applied to the…faces of our 3D masses, and I want to focus on the main building form for this movie here.…I'm in a file called Modify Walls, and I'm going to zoom in here in the 3D view.…And the first thing that we're going to notice is if I select one of these…walls, there is that grid pattern back there.…
It's kind of superimposed directly over that curtain panel system that we built…in the last chapter.…We had those walls hidden in the last chapter, but they're revealed again here now.…These walls were the ones that we created by face back earlier on in the course.…When we applied these by face, we had to pay attention to things like the…location line and so on to determine where they went.…After a wall is created, if you change the location line, it doesn't actually…shift the wall; it just changes where the location line is relative to the wall…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.