This video discusses what templates could be developed to support and streamline each project phase.
- [Instructor] For this conversation, … we will discuss what standards are necessary … to support the standard project phases … of programming, schematic design, … design development, construction documentation, … and preconstruction. … Each phase has its own needs … and its own unique set of requirements. … For programming using parametric design tools, … area calculations can be developed by objects … that have square footages attached to Excel spreadsheets. … Provided templates could include an Excel template … to connect to the Revit database, … and within Revit, color schemes could be developed … to promote consistency between project teams. … In schematic design, … using the modeling tools available, … the programming can be given form … that is more effectively understood by clients. … There are tools that can be used … to create quick representations, … and there are tools that, with a bit more skill, … can create forms that use computer learning … to create generative designs …
- Comparing BIM and Revit
- The facility life cycle
- Lean BIM Execution Plans
- Deliverables and linking strategies
- Model control strategies
- Model requirements
- Design reviews
- Scope, schedule, and budget
- Streamlining the process
- Project phases
- Lean design coordination meeting
- Preventing retro-BIMing
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
Introduction - The Architect's Lean BIM Execution Plan
1. BIM in the Design Phase
2. Digital Excellence and Intentionality
3. Modeling Requirements
4. Coordination and Deliverables
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.