Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Profile families, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The interesting thing about Revit,…and I guess most 3D applications, for that matter, is,…at its most basic form,…a 3D model is nothing more than hundreds of…little profiles that have been extruded, or swept,…to form familiar shapes.…The good thing about how Revit deals with them is,…you simply draw the profile,…then use it everywhere in the model as a sweep.…What I'd like to do is do a sweep that looks like this.…It's a cove.…It's going to be concrete.…We're going to load it into a project,…and we're going to use it on that wall.…So to get started, let's go to Families.…
Let's go New.…This time I want to scroll down to Profiles.…Let's go Profile-Hosted.…This means it's going to be hosted to another object.…Let's click Open.…Now, Revit wants you to know…that this is the Insertion Point.…This is the Host Face.…Let's start making some reference planes.…I'm going to right-click on this reference plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel,…I'm going to click the Pick Lines button,…and I'm going to offset it 1'.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.