Learn how to efficiently apply materials to your Revit project so you can start visualizing the project in VR or in renderings as quickly as possible. Learn about the object Style Manager and component family material parameters.
- [Instructor] Let's go over a few techniques…to populate your model with materials more efficiently.…First, as you can see, these stairs…have no material applied to them.…So what we're going to do is we're going to apply…a default stair material,…so that by changing it once, all new stairs,…unless they're overridden,…have that material applied to them.…Let's go back into Revit and under the Manage tab…you can find the Object Styles button.…Open that up.…
Let's go down to Stairs, Expand Stairs,…find Treads and Risers.…Now over here on the Material column…we can assign oak flooring to it.…Hit okay, and as you can see,…the visibility settings changed in Plan,…and if we go over to Enscape…we can see that that material…has been applied to these stairs.…Let's go take a look at our fire stairs.…
You can see that by making the change once,…we've had all the stairs that haven't been overridden…in the project have the change applied to them.…Next I want to talk about material parameters.…If you're making a lot of custom families,…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.