Moving along with the tagging craze, we will focus on creating tags for plumbing items. Pipe especially. Like the mechanical duct tags we will go into the mechanical settings and see how we can control the display of our tags. Of course we will open the tag family and learn how to configure the label and text width
- [Instructor] In this video, what I'd like to do…is tag some plumbing items.…We almost always use the system abbreviation.…We almost always use the size,…but I like to tag sloped piping as well.…So, to get started, let's go to projects.…Let's go new.…Let's click browse for template file…and I'm gonna grab the plumbing default.…I'm gonna click open.…I'm gonna click okay.…Now, I'm gonna jump over to systems.…I'm gonna go to pipe.…From the pipe types, instead of standard,…let's click the drop down.…
I'm gonna grab PVC-DWV.…Now, before I start adding it though,…I wanna scroll down here…and make sure we have it on the right system.…Instead of hydronic supply,…I want to hit the drop down…and I'm gonna go to sanitary.…Now, I'm gonna start drawing some pipe out,…but what I want to do is…I want to turn on my slope down arrow.…I want to turn on my show slope tool tip…and for my slope, I want to hit the drop down…and let's go eighth inch equals 12 inches.…
Locate the diameter at six,…the offset at nine feet, that's fine.…So, I'll pick a point here and see how it's sloping.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.