We're going to run through a bunch of stuff in this video. First we are going to create a callout and bump up the scale. Then we will set our detail level to fine. Then, and this is my favorite addition to Revit, we will select some items and generate an automatic 3D view that puts a crop region around the area of the items we have selected! We will lock that 3D view and make a spectacular sheet!
- [Eric] What I'd like to do is create a detail view.…Then we're gonna create an isometric and label it.…Then we're gonna drag everything…onto a pretty cool looking sheet.…Under Projects, let's go open.…I'm gonna grab Detail Views.…I'm gonna click open.…Now what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go down…to my enlarged mechanical room plan.…I'm gonna pick a window around all of these items…just like this.…Now on my View panel,…I'm gonna click on Selection Box.…
I'm gonna set my detail level to Fine.…I'm gonna change my scale to half inch equals a foot.…Now what I'm gonna do is under my discipline…I'm gonna click the drop-down.…Then I'm gonna change it to Coordination.…I'm gonna click Apply.…Now what we'll see is if I spin around,…we have a nice coordinated view.…Now what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna spin it around…to a certain percentage, and I'm gonna click on…my Unlocked 3D View button right here,…and I'm gonna save the orientation and lock the view.…
For the name, I'm gonna call it Mechanical Room.…I'm gonna click OK.…Now notice that if I hold down my shift key…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.