Plumbing equipment is actually mechanical equipment. We just call it plumbing exuipment. In this video we will be adding some pumps and water heaters to our model. We will then run some pipe from it. Also, we will dive into how Revit is able to display the equipment as 2 line in plan while showin the actual unit in 3D.
- [Instructor] Let's start adding some plumbing equipment.…Basically, plumbing equipment is mechanical equipment,…we just find it in the plumbing category.…So I'm gonna go to Projects, Open.…And I'm gonna go ahead and find my Plumbing Piping model,…and I'm gonna click on Open.…Under Floor Plans, I'm gonna go 1- Plumbing.…I'm gonna zoom into this room over here.…I'm gonna go up to Systems,…I'm gonna go to Mechanical Equipment.…What I wanna do now is find something…that has to do with plumbing.…
So I'll grab an Inline Pump Circulator.…I'll grab the bigger one, 75 gallons per minute.…And I'm gonna park it right here.…Hit Escape a couple times.…Now I'm gonna select this and see…why it looks the way it looks.…I'm gonna select the equipment.…I'm gonna click on Edit Family.…Now we'll see that we have the connector going up,…we have a connector going down.…And on the back end of it, we have our electrical connector.…
I'm just gonna close out of it.…Do you want to save changes?…Say no.…So if I select my pump, two inch in.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.