This video shows you how to add placeholder pipes. Basically it's the same as modeling pipe only we are drawing lines. This video will also show you how to convert the placeholders in to actual pipe.
- [Presenter] The next trick is to trade…a pipe placeholder.…I don't know why you'll ever do it,…but it's on the exam so let's add a pipe placeholder.…So under Projects let's go Open.…Let's go to Plumbing Piping,…let's click Open.…Under Floorplans, let's go 1-Plumbing.…And I'm going to draw some pipe placeholders.…So let's go to Systems.…Let's go to Pipe Placeholder.…
Now you draw it just like a normal pipe,…so I'm going to pick a point right here.…Come up to here.…Maybe over to here.…Notice that it's not putting fittings in, though.…Come over to here.…Maybe change my offset to four feet.…It'll put our drop symbol in.…Come down to here.…Maybe put my offset back to nine feet.…Come over to here.…Now we've got some pipe in there.…I'm going to go to a 3D view.…I'm gonna zoom in on our pipe placeholder,…which really looks just like a pipe.…
So I'm gonna click on Thin Lines,…make sure Thin Lines is turned on.…And I'm gonna set our Detail Level to Fine.…Now, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna hover over…just one of these pipes and hit my Tab key once.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.