Let's add some accessories! This video will look at how to add valves to our piping. It's a pretty easy process, but not as easy as duct accessories. See, the trick here is that when we add a valve to a pipe, we need to actually now the size of the pipe we are adding to. Otherwise, Revit will throw in some reducers that we may not want or expect.
- [Instructor] Adding a piping accessory…is exactly the same as adding a duct accessory,…with one exception.…When we add a pipe accessory to a pipe,…we need to know the size of the pipe.…Duct work, it seems to just know…the size of the duct we're putting it in.…But piping's a little more complicated.…Not too complicated though, so let's get started.…Under Projects, let's go Open.…I'd like to find Plumbing Piping and I wanna click Open.…Under Floor Plans, I wanna go down to 1-Plumbing.…
I'm gonna zoom into this area here.…I'm gonna go to Systems.…I'm gonna go to Mechanical Equipment.…I'm gonna scroll down till I find my Inline Pump.…I'm gonna go with the smaller 65 gallon one.…I'm just gonna put it right here.…Hit Escape a couple times.…Now, I'm gonna select my pump.…For my inch and a half end,…I'm gonna click on this little icon here and create a pipe.…And for my offset, I'm gonna go four feet.…
Pick a point here,…pick a point here, come up to here, over to here.…I'm gonna make sure my thin lines are turned off.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.