Toilets. Let's just say it. This video has us adding toilets. Not just any toilet though. This video will go through a few methods of adding plumbing fixtures to a model. We will also look at how to add just a connection allowing the architectural fixture to remain while giving us the capbibilty to run pipe from a fixture that is not even in our model.
- [Narrator] Let's think plumbing.…In this video, I wanna grab some plumbing fixtures…and add them to the model.…But a lot of times what we see…is the architect sometimes put plumbing fixtures in, too.…So let's work with that.…Other projects, let's go New.…For a template, let's click Browse.…I want to select Plumbing Default.…Now, I wanna click Open.…Now I want to click Okay.…Let's go Insert.…
Let's go Link Revit.…I'm gonna browse where I'm keeping my Exercise Files.…And I'm gonna grab my architectural model.…Make sure it's set Auto origin to origin and click Open.…Select it.…Make sure you pin it down.…Click on Edit Type.…Turn on Room Bounding.…Click Apply.…Click Okay.…Let's hit Escape a couple times.…Let's zoom in on one of these laboratories.…Couple things we can do.…First of all, I want to put a floor drain in.…
So let's go to our Systems tab.…Let's go to Plumbing Fixture.…And what I'd like to do is click the drop down over here.…Now I wanna scroll up, and I wanna find a floor drain.…I'm gonna go with a six-inch strainer, four-inch drain.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.