Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Plotting and creating a PDF, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Printing from Revit is actually very similar to printing in other Windows programs. …The most common way print is to just generate paper output from a traditional printer or plotter. …You can also do digital output to PDF files. That would happen in the Print dialog as well. …Now I should mention that PDF is not built into Revit, …so if you want to generate PDFs, you actually have to have a PDF plotter. …You could have Acrobat or Bluebeam, but you have to have that installed on your system first. …So I'm in a file here called Plotting, and I'm looking at the A101 floor plan sheet.…
If I just kind of zoom in a little bit, we've got our nice title block here, and you could …see that it's just a typical floor plan, like so. …Maybe I'm ready to print out a progress set and send it off to a recipient. …So I'm going to go to the big R here, the application menu, highlight the Print button, …and there are actually three options here. …Now, Print Preview I think is pretty self-explanatory. …That would just do an onscreen preview before you click OK and print. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.