Revit has come a long way in terms of modeling reinforcing bars. This video will guide you through the basics of adding area reinforcing, reinforcing parrallel and perpendicular to plane, sketched rebar as well as adding a reinforcing cage to a pier. We will also see how to view reinforcing unobstructed in a specific views.
- [Voiceover] Let's add some reinforcing…to our foundation walls, our slabs, and to our piers.…Under Projects, let's go Open.…Let's find Rebar, let's click Open.…First thing I'd like to do is put some area reinforcing…in our slab here.…So under Structural Plans, let's go to Level 1.…Let's go to our Structure tab.…Now let's take a look at our Reinforcement panel.…Before we do anything,…let's click the Reinforcement dropdown…and take a look at some of our settings.…
Let's go to our Rebar Cover Settings.…So go ahead and select Rebar Cover Settings.…We have a bunch of different…predefined rebar cover settings here.…We can make our own if we want, we can duplicate ones,…but what these are if we hit OK…and we select any kind of concrete wall,…so I'm gonna select my pier right here.…Now I'm gonna scroll down in the properties…until I get to Structural.…We see Rebar Cover - Top Face.…These rebar covers are what we see when we hit Escape…and we go to Reinforcement, Cover Settings.…
So these cover settings go into our concrete items.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets