Revit has come a long way in terms of modeling reinforcing bars. This video will guide you through the basics of adding area reinforcing, reinforcing parrallel and perpendicular to plane, sketched rebar as well as adding a reinforcing cage to a pier. We will also see how to view reinforcing unobstructed in a specific views.
- [Voiceover] Let's add some reinforcing…to our foundation walls, our slabs, and to our piers.…Under Projects, let's go Open.…Let's find Rebar, let's click Open.…First thing I'd like to do is put some area reinforcing…in our slab here.…So under Structural Plans, let's go to Level 1.…Let's go to our Structure tab.…Now let's take a look at our Reinforcement panel.…Before we do anything,…let's click the Reinforcement dropdown…and take a look at some of our settings.…
Let's go to our Rebar Cover Settings.…So go ahead and select Rebar Cover Settings.…We have a bunch of different…predefined rebar cover settings here.…We can make our own if we want, we can duplicate ones,…but what these are if we hit OK…and we select any kind of concrete wall,…so I'm gonna select my pier right here.…Now I'm gonna scroll down in the properties…until I get to Structural.…We see Rebar Cover - Top Face.…These rebar covers are what we see when we hit Escape…and we go to Reinforcement, Cover Settings.…
So these cover settings go into our concrete items.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.