Placing walls isn't qiute as hard as quantum mechanics. Actually it's pretty easy. In this video, we will look at how to make a new foundation wall type, and place it into our model. We will then set the top and bottom constraints to go from Level 1 to top of footing. Also we will drill into the materials of the wall to see how revit presents a cut pattern.
- [Voiceover] Let's add some walls.…The types of walls I walls I wanna add…are gonna be concrete foundation walls.…Under Project let's go Open.…I'm gonna go to my Walls model…and I'm gonna click Open.…The first thing I wanna do is adjust my columns.…So I'm gonna select one of my columns,…I'm gonna right click,…I'm gonna Select All Instances…and Entire Project.…For my base level, I only want it to go to Level 1…and I want to hit Apply.…Now I'd like to go down to Level 1 Structural Plan.…
I wanna add a foundation wall that goes from Level 1…to top of footing.…So on the Structure tab, I'm gonna click my Wall button…and for Basic Wall Generic 8",…I'm gonna click my drop down here.…I'm gonna find the wall that I want.…What I want is Foundation 12" concrete.…Now I'm gonna click on Edit Type.…I'm gonna Duplicate this.…I want my foundation wall to be 1'-6".…I'm gonna get rid of the number 2.…I'm gonna click OK.…
Now for my Value I'm gonna click Edit next to Structure.…I wanna keep it Concrete Cast in place,…but my thickness wants to be 1'6.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.