Learn how to place a line-based wall protection family.
- [Instructor] Let's start by loading…the wall protection family…that we made earlier in this course.…From the insert tab, click load family…and browse to either the exercise file…and load wall protection family…or load the family that you made yourself.…Now that we've loaded the family into our project,…let's use Dynamo to place this family.…From the manage tab, open Dynamo…and open the place family start dyn.…
Make sure to open in manual execution mode.…In Revit, make sure to pan…so you can see the outside boundaries room…inside the Revit project.…With the select model element node, click change,…and make sure to select the room of outside boundaries.…Click run, and you'll see we have a list of the lines…where we wanna place our wall protection family.…
From the package manager, you can search for a package…and download and install the Clockwork package.…For this course, I use the Clockwork for Dynamo 2.0.…Click download and install the package.…The Clockwork package has a node…called family instance by curve.…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.