Learn how to place a door sign based on a door's location.
- [Instructor] I'm gonna use the family instance…by point node instead of dynamo…to place signage families around a room.…Start by searching for the family instance by point.…And select a by point node.…Now if we look at this node,…we need a family type and a point.…Let's first start by going to the insert tab…and loading the signage family from the exercise files.…Inside of dynamo, right click on the canvas…and search for family types.…
From the family types node,…click the drop down selector…and scroll down and pick signage family S1.…You can wire that to family types.…Now we need to generate points.…We'll do this by finding the location of doors…around the rom and using the get location node…we can create a list of point…that we can place this family at.…I'm gonna select these two nodes…and drag them to the far right on my screen,…as we'll get to these by building some nodes in between.…
Inside of revit, pan so you can see the room…that says outside boundaries.…I'm gonna change my workspace…to be in manual execution mode.…
- Working with room boundaries
- Creating wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Placing wall protection, door signage, and corner guard Revit families
- Resolving conflicts with family placement
- Accommodating inside and outside room boundaries
Skill Level Advanced
1. Working with Rooms
2. Line-Based Wall Protection
3. Door Signage
4. Corner Guards
Combine all three1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.